Abstract. Patawari AMY, Anna Z, Hindayani P, Dhahiyat Y, Hasan Z, Putri IAP. 2022. Sustainability status of small-scale fisheries resources in Jakarta Bay, Indonesia after reclamation. Biodiversitas 23: 1715-1725. Reclamation in Jakarta Bay was initially implemented by constructing a giant 60 km long embankment in the area and 17 small islands in front of the coast of North Jakarta, but then it was stopped in 2018. After reclamation closures have affected fishery resources, especially small-scale ones that rely on catchment areas around the coastal waters of Jakarta Bay. To ensure the resource utilization level that meets the needs of the present and future generations, managing sustainably small-scale fish resources is crucial. This study aimed to analyze the sustainability status of small-scale fisheries in Jakarta Bay after reclamation. The results showed that efforts to manage small-scale fishery resources in the waters of Jakarta Bay-from the dimensions of fisheries, ecological, social, legal and institutional- are in unsustainable conditions. To improve the status, policy makers should consider 16 prioritized attributes on ecology, resource potential, economic, social, legal and institutional.
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- ZUZY ANNA, DICKY SURYA SAPUTRA, Economic valuation of whale shark tourism in Cenderawasih Bay National Park, Papua, Indonesia , Biodiversitas Journal of Biological Diversity: Vol. 18 No. 3 (2017)
- ZUZY ANNA, Indonesian shrimp resource accounting for sustainable stock management , Biodiversitas Journal of Biological Diversity: Vol. 18 No. 1 (2017)
- ZUZY ANNA, ASEP AGUS HANDAKA SURYANA, INE MAULINA, ACHMAD RIZAL, PURNA HINDAYANI, Biological parameters of fish stock estimation in Cirata Reservoir (West Java, Indonesia): A comparative analysis of bio-economic models , Biodiversitas Journal of Biological Diversity: Vol. 18 No. 4 (2017)
- CANDRA A. FITRIADI, YAYAT DHAHIYAT, NOIR P. PURBA, SYAWALUDIN A. HARAHAP, DONNY J. PRIHADI, Coral larvae spreading based on oceanographic condition in Biawak Islands, West Java, Indonesia , Biodiversitas Journal of Biological Diversity: Vol. 18 No. 2 (2017)
- ZUZY ANNA, An analysis of capture fisheries resource depletion in Cirata Reservoir, West Java, Indonesia , Biodiversitas Journal of Biological Diversity: Vol. 19 No. 3 (2018)