Abstract. Limbongan Y, Ramadhan R, Shimizu K, Arung ET. 2021. Agronomic characteristics of 30 promising lines of aromatic, red, and black rice and their antioxidant and cytotoxic effects in some cancer cells. Biodiversitas 22: 1695-1700. In our effort to increase rice production, some activities were done such as increased land production, rice planting patterns, and crossbreeding some rice with the special characteristic. We have cross-bred aromatic rice with red rice and black rice. These activities resulted in thirty lines of rice varieties. The thirty lines of rice variation were extracted with ethanol and evaluated the extracts for their phytochemicals, antioxidant activity, and cytotoxicity effect on cancer cell lines (MCF-7, HeLa, and OVK-18). The phytochemicals of thirty lines variation of rice showed variation in their contents. The line of F2BA201 extracts showed the strongest in antioxidant with IC50 2.43 ?g/mL while Vitamin C was 32.93 ?g/mL. The line of F2LD20 extracts displayed potent inhibition with value of 40.2% against OVK-18 cancer cells while 5FU as positive control revealed percentage inhibition with value of 21.2%. Based on the results, the thirty line rice variations exhibited antioxidant and anti-cancer potential.
Bubols GB, Vianna DR, Medina-Remón A, Poser G, Lamuela-Raventos RM, Eifler-Lima VL, Garcia SC. 2013. The antioxidant activity of coumarins and flavonoids. Mini-Reviews in Medicinal Chemistry 13: 318-334.
Dua VK, Verma G, Singh B, Rajan A, Bagai U, Agarwal DD, Gupta NC, Kumar S, Rastogi A. 2013. Anti-malarial property of steroid alkaloid conessine isolated from the bark of Hollarhena antidysenterica. Malaria Journal 12: 1-6.
Ghasemzadeh A, Karbalaii MT, Jaafar HZE, Rahmat A. 2018. Phytochemical constituents, antioxidant activity, and antiproliperative properties of black, red, and brown rice bran. Chemistry Central Journal 12: 1-13.
Gour L, Koutu GK, Singh SK, Patel DD, Shrivastava A, Singh Y. 2017. Genetic variability, correlation and path analyses for selection in elite breeding materials of rice (Oryza sativa L.) genotypes in Madya Pradesh. The Pharma Innovation Journal 6: 693-696.
Limbongan YL, Malamassam D, Sjahril R. 2019. Identification and characterization of Toraja local rice germplasm. The 1st Biennial Conference on Tropical Biodiversity. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science 270: 012025.
Miryanti A, Sapei L, Budiono K, and Indra S. 2011. Extraction of antioxidants from the skin of mangosteen fruit (Garcinia mangostana L.). University of Catholic Parahyangan, Bandung. [Indonesian].
Moko EM, Purnomo H, Kusnadi J, Ijong FG. 2014. Phytochemical content and antioxidant properties of colored and non-colored varieties of rice bran from Minahasa, North Sulawesi, Indonesia. International Food Research Journal 21: 1053-1059.
Raji P, Samrot AV, Keerthana D, Kharisma S. 2019. Antibacterial activity of alkaloids, flavonoids, saponins and tannins mediated green synthesized silver nanoparticles against Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Bacillus subtilis. Journal of Cluster Science 30: 881-895.
Ramadhan R, Phuwapraisirisan P, Kusuma IW, Amirta R. 2020. Ethnopharmacological evaluation of selected east kalimantan flora for diabetes therapy: The isolation of lupane triterpenoids as ?-glucosidase inhibitors from ceriops tagal (perr) C.B. Robb. Rasayan Journal of Chemistry 13: 1727-1734.
Saikia S, Dutta H, Saikia D, Mahanta CL. Quality characterization and estimation of phytochemicals content and antioxidant capacity of aromatic pigmented and non-pigmented rice varieties. Food Research International 46: 334-340.
Sari WK, Nualsri C, Junsawang N, Soonsuwon W. 2019. Path analysis for yield and its components in F1 upland rice hybrids and their parental lines. Songklanakarin Journal of Science and Technology 41: 1421-1427.
Sequeda-Castañeda LG, Muñoz-Realpe CC, Celis-Zambrano CA, Guttiérrez-Prieto SJ, Luengas-Caicedo PE, Gamboa F. 2019. Preliminary phytochemical analysis of Berberis goudotti Triana & Planch. ex Wedd. (Berberidaceae) with anticariogenic and antiperiodontal activities. Scientia Pharmaceutica 87: 1-19.
Shao Y, Hu Z, Yu Y, Mou R, Zhu Z, Beta T. 2018. Phenolic acids, anthocyanins, proanthocyanidins, antioxidant activity, minerals and their correlations in non-pigmented, red and black rice. Food Chemistry 239: 733-741.
Srujana G, Suresh BG, Lavanya GR, Ram BJ, Sumanth V. 2017. Studies on genetic variability, heritability and genetic advance for yield and quality components in rice (Oryza sativa L.). Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry 6: 564-566.
Thite SV, Chayan YR, Aparadh VT, Kore BA. 2013. Preliminary phytochemical screening of some medicinal plants. International Journal of Pharmaceutical, Chemical and Biological Sciences 3: 87-90.
Organization WH. 2013. WHO traditional medicine strategy: 2014–2023. World Health Organization, Geneva.
Zhang S, Huang G, Zhang J, Huang L, Cheng M, Wang Z, Zhang Y, Wang C, Zhu P, Yu X, Tao K, Hu J, Yang F, Qi H, Li X, Liu S, Yang R, Long Y, Harnpichitvitaya, Wade LJ, Hu F. 2019. Genotype by environment interactions for performance of perennial rice genotypes over growth cycles and locations in southern China. Field Corps Research 241: 107556.
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- SYAFRIZAL, RICO RAMADHAN , IRAWAN WIJAYA KUSUMA, SAAT EGRA, KUNIYOSHI SHIMIZU, MAMORU KANZAKI, ENOS TANGKE ARUNG, Diversity and honey properties of stingless bees from meliponiculture in East and North Kalimantan, Indonesia , Biodiversitas Journal of Biological Diversity: Vol. 21 No. 10 (2020)
- ELISA HERAWATI, RICO RAMADHAN, FARIDA ARIYANI, MARJENAH, IRAWAN WIJAYA KUSUMA, WIWIN SUWINARTI, DJUMALI MARDJI, RUDIANTO AMIRTA, ENOS TANGKE ARUNG, Phytochemical screening and antioxidant activity of wild mushrooms growing in tropical regions , Biodiversitas Journal of Biological Diversity: Vol. 22 No. 11 (2021)
- RICO RAMADHAN, PREECHA PHUWAPRAISIRISAN, RUDIANTO AMIRTA, MUHAMMAD FADIL BAGAS DARMAWAN, KAUTSAR UL-HAQ, IRAWAN WIJAYA KUSUMA, HERY SUWITO, NURLITA ABDULGANI, AHMAD MUKHDLOR, SAPARWADI, The potency of selected ethnomedicinal plants from East Kalimantan, Indonesia as antidiabetic agents and free-radical scavengers , Biodiversitas Journal of Biological Diversity: Vol. 23 No. 4 (2022)
- RICO RAMADHAN, ALFINDA NOVI KRISTANTI, RUDIANTO AMIRTA, IRAWAN WIJAYA KUSUMA, PREECHA PHUWAPRAISIRISAN, MUHAMMAD TAUFIQ HAQIQI, SAPARWADI SAPARWADI, Screening for potential antidiabetes and antioxidant activities of selected plants from East Kalimantan, Indonesia , Biodiversitas Journal of Biological Diversity: Vol. 20 No. 7 (2019)
- MUHAMMAD TAUFIQ HAQIQI, DUDU HUDAYA, HELMI ALFATH SEPTIANA, RICO RAMADHAN, YULIANSYAH YULIANSYAH, WIWIN SUWINARTI, RUDIANTO AMIRTA, Short Communication: Analysis of the ultimate wood composition of a forest plantation species, Eucalyptus pellita, to estimate its bioelectricity potency , Biodiversitas Journal of Biological Diversity: Vol. 23 No. 5 (2022)
- YULIANSYAH YULIANSYAH, MUHAMMAD TAUFIQ HAQIQI, KRISNA ADIB SETIAWAN, AGUS SETIAWAN, PRISTIANGGA DWI SAPUTRA, HERI SUKMA IQBAL ROMADLON, AHMAD MUKHDLOR, RICO RAMADHAN, RUDIANTO AMIRTA, Fast-growing native tree species to the secondary forest of East Kalimantan, Indonesia: Physicochemical properties of woody materials for bioelectricity feedstocks , Biodiversitas Journal of Biological Diversity: Vol. 23 No. 7 (2022)
- RICO RAMADHAN, RAMADHAN TOSEPU, PREECHA PHUWAPRAISIRISAN, RUDIANTO AMIRTA, KIETTIPUM PHONTREE, YAZDANIYAR FAJRI HALIMI FIRDAUS, NURLITA ABDULGANI, MUHAMMAD ZAINUL MUTTAQIN, SAPARWADI SAPARWADI, Evaluation of non-timber forest products used as medicinal plants from East Kalimantan (Indonesia) to inhibit ?-glucosidase and free radicals , Biodiversitas Journal of Biological Diversity: Vol. 23 No. 11 (2022)
- RICO RAMADHAN, NISA’UR ROSYIDAH, YAZDANIYAR FAJRI HALIMI FIRDAUS, IRMAYANTI TRI KURNIA, DINDA AYU LESTARI, KIETTIPUM PHONTREE, PREECHA PHUWAPRAISIRISAN, LUKMAN RIYADI, ARRIZAL RAHMAN, NURLITA ABDULGANI, SILVI ARUM MARETNA, KAYLA NAULIA FADHILA, Phytochemical analysis in conjunction with in vitro a-glucosidase inhibitory and antioxidant activities of three Diospyros species from East Kalimantan, Indonesia , Biodiversitas Journal of Biological Diversity: Vol. 24 No. 9 (2023)