Abstract. Damiri N, Pujiastuti Y, Mulawarman, Astuti DT, Afriani SR, Rahim SE. 2022. Short Communication: Biological control agent for Spodoptera litura on vegetable plants. Biodiversitas 23: 2609-2613. This study aimed to assess the population dynamics of Bacillus thuringiensis and its potency as a bio-agent against Spodoptera litura. The field study was conducted in Musi Banyuasin District, South Sumatra, Indonesia. Isolation and exploration of B. thuringiensis were carried out by taking the soil around the roots or rhizosphere of the fruit plants. The results showed that 13 isolates of B. thuringiensis, i.e., 1 isolate from Lansium domesticum (D1), 3 isolates from Artocarpus heterophyllus (N1,2,3), 1 isolate from Averrhoa carambola (B1), 4 isolates from Nephelium lappaceum (R1,2,3,4), 1 isolate from Musa paradisiaca (P1), 1 isolate from Mangifera indica (M1), 1 isolate from Garcinia mangostana (M2) and 1 isolate from Psidium guajava (JB1) were isolated from the rhizosphere of various fruit tree. The screening test results showed that isolates R2 and R3 had the highest toxicity, i.e., 51.14 and 50.77%, respectively, in controlling S. litura on vegetable plants.
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- YULIA PUJIASTUTI, ARSI ARSI, SOFIA SANDI, Characteristics of Bacillus thuringiensis isolates indigenous soil of South Sumatra (Indonesia) and their pathogenicity against oil palm pests Oryctes rhinoceros (Coleoptera: Scarabaeidae) , Biodiversitas Journal of Biological Diversity: Vol. 21 No. 4 (2020)
- TILI KARENINA, SITI HERLINDA, CHANDRA IRSAN, YULIA PUJIASTUTI, HASBI, SUPARMAN, BENYAMIN LAKITAN, HARMAN HAMIDSON, ABU UMAYAH, Community structure of arboreal and soil-dwelling arthropods in three different rice planting indexes in freshwater swamps of South Sumatra, Indonesia , Biodiversitas Journal of Biological Diversity: Vol. 21 No. 10 (2020)
- SITI HERLINDA, GHANNI PRABAWATI, YULIA PUJIASTUTI, SUSILAWATI, TILI KARENINA, HASBI, CHANDRA IRSAN, Herbivore insects and predatory arthropods in freshwater swamp rice field in South Sumatra, Indonesia sprayed with bioinsecticides of entomopathogenic fungi and abamectin , Biodiversitas Journal of Biological Diversity: Vol. 21 No. 8 (2020)
- NURHAYATI DAMIRI, MULAWARMAN MULAWARMAN, RAHIM S EFFENDI, Antagonism of Pseudomonas fluorescens from plant roots to Rigidoporus lignosus pathogen of rubber white roots in vitro , Biodiversitas Journal of Biological Diversity: Vol. 20 No. 6 (2019)
- DELI LILIA, NURHAYATI DAMIRI, M. ZULKARNAIN, MULAWARMAN, Short Communication: Drying methods and diversity of contaminant fungi on coffee beans in South Ogan Komering Ulu District, South Sumatra, Indonesia , Biodiversitas Journal of Biological Diversity: Vol. 22 No. 2 (2021)
- NURHAYATI DAMIRI, RIZAL ROFIQI, MULAWARMAN, SUPLI E. RAHIM, TRI RAPANI FEBYANTI, Effect of three composts with active ingredients of Pseudomonas fluorescens on the development of white root disease and production of rubber plants , Biodiversitas Journal of Biological Diversity: Vol. 22 No. 8 (2021)