Abstract. Wahyuni DK, Mukarromah SR, Rakhmad P, Ilham M, Rakashiwi GA, Indriati DT, Yoku BF, Purnobasuki H, Junairiah, Prasongsuk S. 2022. Morpho-anatomical characterizationand DNA barcoding analysisof Pluchea indica (L.) Less.. Biodiversitas 23: 4272-4282. Pluchea indica (L.) Less. is a member of the Asteraceae family and is popular as a medicinal plant. It is very important to authenticate plants using various markers to confirm the labeling of plants and to reveal the bioactive compounds for pharmaceutical research. This study aims to characterize the morpho-anatomical and DNA barcoding aspects of P. indica. Three samples obtained from Taman Husada Graha Famili, Surabaya, Indonesia were used in this study. Morphological studies were carried out descriptively, while the paraffin method was used for anatomical observations. DNA barcoding analysis was performed by amplifying and aligning the rbcLand matKgenes. Morphologically, P. indicahas organs like Asteraceae plants in general, with specific characteristics in leaves and flowers. P. indica has an anatomical organ similar to that of Asteraceae plants globally, only that there are specific histological features on its leaves, including anomocytic stomata, glandular cells, and multicellular glandular trichomes. Alignment and reconstruction of the phylogenetic tree showed that the sample plants were closely related to P. indica in the GenBank database. Based on morpho-anatomical characters and DNA barcodes, the plant under study was confirmed as P. indica L. (Less).
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- SERAFINAH INDRIYANI, ENDANG ARISOESILANINGSIH, TATIK WARDIYATI, HERY PURNOBASUKI, A model of relationship between climate and soil factors related to oxalate content in porang (Amorphophallus muelleri Blume) corm , Biodiversitas Journal of Biological Diversity: Vol. 12 No. 1 (2011)
- DWI KUSUMA WAHYUNI, SHILFIANA RAHAYU, PUTUT RAKHMAD PURNAMA, TRIONO BAGUS SAPUTRO, SUHARYANTO, NASTITI WIJAYANTI, HERY PURNOBASUKI, Morpho-anatomical structure and DNA barcode of Sonchus arvensis L. , Biodiversitas Journal of Biological Diversity: Vol. 20 No. 8 (2019)
- FITRIA ARDIYANI, EDY SETITI WIDA UTAMI, HERY PURNOBASUKI, SENJA APRILIA PARAMITA, Development and regeneration of somatic embryos from leaves-derived calli of Coffea liberica , Biodiversitas Journal of Biological Diversity: Vol. 21 No. 12 (2020)
- MOCHAMMAD ILHAM, SITI RIZQIYATUL MUKARROMAH, GALUH AYU RAKASHIWI, DANI TRI INDRIATI, BRUNI FLARANDA YOKU, PUTUT RAKHMAD PURNAMA, JUNAIRIAH, SEHANAT PRASONGSUK, HERY PURNOBASUKI, DWI KUSUMA WAHYUNI, Morpho-anatomical characterization and DNA barcoding of Achillea millefolium L. , Biodiversitas Journal of Biological Diversity: Vol. 23 No. 4 (2022)
- HERY PURNOBASUKI, GALUH AYU RAKHASHIWI, JUNAIRIAH, DWI KUSUMA WAHYUNI, RAMADHANI EKA PUTRA, RIKA RAFFIUDIN, RC HIDAYAT SOESSILOHADI, Morpho-anatomical characterization and DNA barcode of Cosmos caudatus Kunth. , Biodiversitas Journal of Biological Diversity: Vol. 23 No. 8 (2022)