Abstract. Amfar F, Fitri L, Suhartono. 2021. Molecular identification of a new isolate of actinobacteria ATIS61 and characterization of the protease activities. Biodiversitas 22: 1564-1569. Protease is an enzyme that catalyzes the hydrolysis of peptide bonds in protein. Actinobacteria are one of bacterial groups that is able to produce protease. Actinobacteria are Gram-positive bacteria and mostly aerobic. This study aimed to identify protease-producing actinobacteria ATIS61 isolate using 16S rRNA gene and to characterize the protease activity. This study was experimental research, consisted of amplification and sequencing of the 16S rRNA gene, and protease activity test. The 16S rRNA gene analysis showed that ATIS61 isolate was closely related to Nocardia sp. strain 335427 with a 99.88% similarity and the result of phylogenetic tree construction was related to Nocardia farcinica strain ARS8 with Bootstrap 94%. Protease activity test showed the highest activity was on the eighth day of incubation at 0.115 U/mL. Protease activity based on temperature showed the highest activity at 40°C of 0.156 U/mL and the stability of protease towards temperature was stable at 40°C and 50°C. Protease activity showed that the highest protease activity was at pH 8 of 0.096 U/mL and the highest protease stability was also at pH 8. The addition of HgCl2 showed that it could inhibit protease activity with a value of 0.059 U/mL.
Berdy, J. 2005. Bioactive microbial metabolites. Journal of Antibiotics 58: 1-26.
Chen HQ, Chen XM, Li Y, Wang J, Jin ZY, Xu XM, Zhao JW, Chen TX, Xie Z J. 2009. Purification and characterisation of exo- and endo- inulinase from Aspergillus ficuum. JNSP5-06. Food Chemistry 115: 1206-1212.
Das S, Lyla PS, Khan SA. 2008. Distribution and generic composition of culturable marine actinomycetes from the sediments of Indian continental slope of Bay of Bengal. Chinese Journal Oceanology Limnology 26: 166-177.
Dilip CV, Mulaje S, Mohalkar R. 2013. On actinomycetes and their biotechnological application - A Review. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research 4: 1730-1742.
Drancourt M, Bollet C, Carlioz A, Martelin RC. 2000. 16S Ribosomal DNA sequence analysis of a large collection of environmental and clinical unidentifiable bacterial isolates. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 38: 3623-3630.
Fatimah AN, Wardani AK. 2014. Extraction and characterization of protease from the leaves of Moringa oleifera Lamk. Jurnal Teknologi Pertanian 153: 191-200. [Indonesia]
Fitri L., Putri KA, Suhartono, Ismail, YS. 2019. Isolation and characterization of thermophilic actinobacteria as proteoliytic enzyme producer from Ie Seuum Hot Spring, Aceh Besar, Indonesia. Biodiversitas. 20: 2802-2808.
Hames BD, Hooper NM. 2000. Biochemistry: The Instant Notes 2nd ed. Springer-Verlag, Hongkong.
Jauh-Hsun C, Vinh T, Davies JK, Figdor D. 2002. Molecular approaches to the differentiation of Actinomycetes spesies. Journal of Molecular Oral Microbiology 14: 250-256.
Latlita L, Rajesh P, Prafull R, Ganesh,K. 2017. Apllication of Potent Actinomycetes strain for Bio-Degradation of Domestic Agro- Waste by composting and treatment of Pulp-Paper mill effluent. Advanced Microbiology 7: 94-108.
Miyadoh S. 2003. Actinomycetes characterization and identification procedure. Laporan Training Course on Identification of Bacteria. Bogor. 1-5 April. 2003. [Indonesia]
Murray RK. 2003. Harper’s Biochemistry. Hartono A, translater. Bani A.P, Sikumbang TMN, editor. Jakarta : EGC Penerbit Buku Kedokteran. Terjemahan dari: Harper’s Biochemistry. [Indonesia]
Nofu K, Khotimah S, Lovadi I. 2014. Isolasi dan karakteristik bakteri pendegradasi selulosa pada ampas tebu kuning (Bagasse). [Isolation and characterization of cellulose-degrading bacteria on yellow bagasse]. Protobiont 3: 25-33.
Nurkanto A. 2007. Identification of forest soil actinomycetes after bangkirai hill fire in east kalimantan and the potential as cellulose degradation and phosphate solvent. Biodeversitas 8: 314-319.
Patel JB, Wallace RJ, BA, Jr., Coklat-Elliott, Taylor T, Imperatrice C, Leonard DBG, Wilson RW, Mann L, Jost KC, Nachamkin I. 2004. Sequence-based identification of aerobic Actinomycetes. Journal Clinical Microbiology 42: 2530-2540.
Pujiati. 2014. Isolasi actynomycetes dari tanah kebun sebagai bahan petunjuk praktikum mikrobiologi. [Isolation of actynomycetes from garden soil as a guide for microbiology practice]. Jurnal Florea 1: 42-46.
Sianturi DC. 2008. Isolation of bacteria and coarse thermophile amylase test from hot springs harvested in Sibirubiru, North Sumatra. [Thesis]. Universitas Sumatera Utara, Medan [Indonesia].
Soeka YS, Sulistiani. 2017. Characterization of protease from Stenotrophomonas sp. from Mount Bromo, East Java. Berita Biologi 16: 203-211. [Indonesia]
Suhartono MT. 2000. Exploration of bacterial protease from Indonesia for industrial applications and biotechnology research. Prosiding Seminar Nasional Industri Enzim dan Bioteknologi II. 125–133. [Indonesia]
Suhartono S, Artika W. 2017. Isolation and protease activity assay of local actinobacteria isolates (AKJ-09) Aceh. Bioleuser 1: 116-120. [Indonesia]
Tamura K, Stecher G, Peterson D, Filipski A, Kumar S. 2013. MEGA 6: Molecular Evolutionary Genetic Analysis Version 6.0. Molecular Biology and Evolution. 30: 2725-2729.
Weisburg WG, Barns SM, Pelletier DA, Lane DJ. 1991. 16S ribosomal DNA amplification for phylogenetic study. Journal Bacteriology 173: 697-703.
Yang JK, Shih IL, Tzeng YM, Wang SL. 2000. Production and pirufucation of protease from a Bacillus subtilis that can deproteinize crustacean wastes. Enzyme and Microbial Technology 26: 406-413.
Yuliani Y, Yuniaty A, Susanto AH. 2017. Variation of DNA sequences that were amplified using atpB-rbcl primer on several peanut cultivars. Scripta Biologica 4: 11. [Indonesia]
Yuniati R, Nugroho TT, Puspita F. 2015. Protease activity test of Bacillus sp. Riau local line. JOM FMIPA 1: 116-122. [Indonesia]
Yuratmoko D. 2005. Screening and Characterization of Streptomyces spp. proteolytics from Indonesia. [Thesis]. Fakultas Matematika dan Ilmu Pengetahuan Alam, Institut Pertanian Bogor, Bogor. [Indonesia]
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- SUHARTONO SUHARTONO, WILDA MAHDANI, ZINATUL HAYATI, NURHALIMAH NURHALIMAH , Species distribution of Enterobacteriaceae and non-Enterobacteriaceae responsible for urinary tract infections at the Zainoel Abidin Hospital in Banda Aceh, Indonesia , Biodiversitas Journal of Biological Diversity: Vol. 22 No. 8 (2021)
- SRI RAHAYU, LENNI FITRI, YULIA SARI ISMAIL, Short communication: Endophytic actinobacteria isolated from ginger (Zingiber officinale) and its potential as a pancreatic lipase inhibitor and its toxicity , Biodiversitas Journal of Biological Diversity: Vol. 20 No. 5 (2019)
- LENNI FITRI, MOHAMMAD ADZANNIE BESSANIA, NADIA SEPTI, SUHARTONO SUHARTONO , Isolation and characterization of soil actinobacteria as cellulolytic enzyme producer from Aceh Besar, Indonesia , Biodiversitas Journal of Biological Diversity: Vol. 22 No. 11 (2021)
- FAUZIAH FAUZIAH, MAULINASARI, ESSY HARNELLY, YULIA SARI ISMAIL, LENNI FITRI, Toxicity test of rose periwinkle (Catharanthus roseus) leaves endophytic bacteria using Brine Shrimp Lethality Test (BSLT) method , Biodiversitas Journal of Biological Diversity: Vol. 23 No. 1 (2022)
- SUHARTONO SUHARTONO, YULIA SARI ISMAIL, ZAHRATUL AINI , Distribution of multidrug-resistant Salmonella spp. recovered from aquatic environment of Banda Aceh, Indonesia , Biodiversitas Journal of Biological Diversity: Vol. 22 No. 2 (2021)
- TEUKU ARMANSYAH, TONGKU NIZWAN SIREGAR, SUHARTONO, AMALIA SUTRIANA, Phytochemicals, characterization and antimicrobial tests of red betel leaves on three solvent fractions as candidates for endometritis phytotherapy in Aceh cattle, Indonesia , Biodiversitas Journal of Biological Diversity: Vol. 23 No. 4 (2022)
- LENNI FITRI, BETTY MAULIYA BUSTAM, Screening of antimicrobial producing strains isolated from the soil of grassland rhizosphere in Pocut Meurah Intan Forest Park, Seulawah, Aceh Besar , Biodiversitas Journal of Biological Diversity: Vol. 11 No. 3 (2010)
- LENNI FITRI, Diversity of endophytic actinobacteria isolated from medicinal plants and their potency as pancreatic lipase inhibitor , Biodiversitas Journal of Biological Diversity: Vol. 18 No. 3 (2017)
- LENNI FITRI, KARTINI AMELIA PUTRI, SUHARTONO, YULIA SARI ISMAIL, Short Communication: Isolation and characterization of thermophilic actinobacteria as proteolytic enzyme producer from Ie Seuum Hot Spring, Aceh Besar, Indonesia , Biodiversitas Journal of Biological Diversity: Vol. 20 No. 10 (2019)
- LENNI FITRI, YEKKI YASMIN, FAUZIAH, DWI ANDRI SEPTIANI, SUHARTONO, Characterization of BSL6 isolates isolated from honeybee hive and to determine its antibacterial activity , Biodiversitas Journal of Biological Diversity: Vol. 21 No. 10 (2020)